Tuesday, June 20, 2006

If I Could Only Catch Up!

Whew... this week is already off to an outrageous start. Work is slightly overwhelming, but we are making it alright. There is double duty to be had for all of us... deadlines here and deadlines there... Tomorrow I have to be in two places at once... Ugh! Oh well, it will work itself out. It always does. Early mornings and late nights is the way for now. It's ok. I'm taking a day off this week and hopefully next week too! Gotta love Flex Time!

Evenings have been full of this and that! Last night I hung with Amanda until after 9PM. There is much to do in preparation for her party. Tonight I had to run to the grocery store and am in the midst of making a cheesecake for Keith's company picnic. Tomorrow... is the Starbuck's company picnic! Keith works in the morning and the evening. Keith is going into work early tomorrow to pressure wash the floor mats at both local stores. Then he is off for the afternoon, but works again in the evening for his usual shift. I wonder if I can get off early for the picnic tomorrow? I guess I will have to - otherwise Keith will not be happy! Friday we are off to Mansfield Ohio for a wedding. We'll spend the night and be back just in time for Amanda's picnic party. I feel bad that I cannot be there to help her set up for it.

Other things I'd like to be doing... housework? Ya - it NEEDs done! Laundry is slow going. So are dishes. It's so hot in here! I'd really like to paint the spare room before the Valentine's arrive. The room is rather empty and the walls are washed. Keith has puttied many spots that need to be sanded before we can prime it. I'll be happy if we can just prime it before company arrives! I'd also like to check the air conditioner in the basement to see if it would work for the spare room while we have company.

I'd really like to ride the horses. Rene'e has asked me many times and my heart is in it... but with so many other priorities it's just not happening as I'd like. I keep saying... after this or after that... when is "after" going to actually happen? Maybe July 1st? Who knows?! Believe me Rene'e... I WANT to go and we will definitely do so very soon!!!

I keep thinking about my friend Jill whom I have not seen for a while. Back in the spring we visited each other often and talked a lot. Ever since Keith and I have been going to church in Bakerstown, I have missed seeing her (and some of my other friends too). I need to call her. She doesn't have e-mail... YET! I can't wait until she does! She stayed with us in KY a couple of times, which was very nice. She's a dear friend. I miss her.

Happy Anniversary to Wendy and Cory.

Happy Anniversary to Mom and Dad. Glad you like the bed. After all these years you deserve it.

David's birthday is next week... Joyce's shortly after that... also my friend Jane's... the list goes on!

OK - better check that cake and call Jill. G'night all.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Hey J.J....slow down...take a deep breath. Dont do anything out of the ordinary for us...we dont care what color your walls are :-) By the way...do we need to bring anything? Blankets? Towels? Let me know. I wish I could be at the picnic too...make sure they video lots of it!

Jemit said...

you better listen to Wendy.. or you'll be too tired to party on ...on Saturday evening too!!
Ever think of cloning yourself??

Jthemilker said...

If I could split into 3 this week that would be great!

Uh... what to bring... hmmm... I have lots of blankets, towels, and that sort of thing. Do you need/have a baby gate. We used to, but not anymore. Not sure if you'll want to keep Gayle from rolling down the stairs??? That's all I can think of at the moment.