Friday, June 16, 2006

Kennywood

Keith and I took advantage of a day off yesterday. I got some Kennywood tickets at work for a reasonable price. We set a budget and took off for a day of thrill seeking. The Lord blessed us with absolutely immaculate weather. It was sunny, blue skies, with scattered fluffy white clouds. It was not too hot, not humid, and slightly breezy. P E R F E C T !

We rode the Pirate Ship first. There are these hidden sprinkler systems that made me laugh when they caught those passing by surprise. There is a statue of a pirate that remarkably resembles one of my problem-child type physicians. Hmmm... I wish I would have had my camera. From there we ventured onto some other miscellaneous rides, and of course... onto the Phantom's Revenge. Ye-haw! We stood in line for a long time to ride The Exterminator, but we loved it! We rode some cheesy rides like The Turnpike and some goofy Garfield 3-D ride (DUMB). As the day passed our energy weakened, so we hit the Log Jammer. We only got a little bit wet, but it was refreshing!

This place is ripe for "People Watching." There was this one guy that was pretty shabby looking who had a giant nose ring. I'm not talking a pretty diamond stud... I'm talking a bull sized nose ring that made me say "OUCH" just looking at it!!! You can't tell me that this guy wasn't making a statement. It must be something like "Hey look at me because I need attention so bad that I pierced my nose with a half inch thick hunk of metal!" I wonder if he hides during an electrical storm?

I saw a couple of gals that had a half a head of short hair and a half a head of longer hair. WHAT the ???

I know they say that obesity is like one of the greatest problems in the US, but I'm telling you that there is an abundance of teenage girls out there flaunting it ALL. Tight cloths, short short short shorts, bare bellies, butt cracks showing... you name it.

OK, I suppose I'm showing my age now.... these kids run and cut ahead of you in line just dying to get ahead. What's that all about? As if the ride is going to close before they get to the front??? I suppose I remember as a child "planning" how to ride the most rides in the littlest time. This place is genuinly made for kids! It was annoying to have these sweaty kids that I don't know crowding me in line. I make Keith stand behind me so I can stand back away from the one in front of me. (I don't like to be touched) I am amazed at the number of kids with potty mouths! I was thinking... if that were me in line (at that age) and there was an adult in front of me, there is NO WAY I'd be cussing.

We played a few games. My theory is that this is nothing more than throwing money away, but Keith likes to try, so as long as it was in the budget... we played a few. We even played a sea creature hunt video game together. We had to shoot the sharks and the sea monsters. I was amazed that this game lasted a long time, and it was fun to do it together. We played the arcade car race game (just like they have at North Park Clubhouse Lounge). The machine was actually broken so the attendant gave me 2 free games. Nice. I came in 8th place both games. I'm wondering if maybe there were only 8 cars racing? I have no idea. All I know is that I have trouble keeping it on the road in those games. On the way out we played some dumb game where you spray water into Garfield's mouth. Keith won. We got a dumb little yellow Tweety. So we played three games to win that and we each paid a buck a try... so Tweety cost us $6. Uh... why do we waste? I don't get it.

Keith thinks that Starbucks should contract with amusement companies such as KW. A lot of teenagers are in to coffee and foo-foo drinks. I bet they would make a buck.

The day all inclusive was worth it.... time and expense. We enjoyed each other's company and the beautiful day.

No comments: