Monday, June 25, 2007

Marriage Monday - Honoring My Husband

Fruit In Season's Marriage Monday Husband Honoring Challenge continues. This week we are to focus on honoring our husband's work.

For those of you who do not know, my husband is a soldier turned teacher turned youth pastor turned Barista turned Coffee Master and Shift Manager... and on a career track with his employer. He is educated - Bachelor's Degree and about a year shy of a Master's Degree in Youth Ministry. While he is not a practicing teacher and/or youth minister, he is full blown coffee-a-holic who absolutely LOVES his job. Have I mentioned how much he loves his job?! (It's Starbucks in case you didn't know)

I think that what I can do to further encourage him in his work is to simply lend an ear as he recaps his work-day. He loves to talk about his co-workers, his customers, and the interesting things that happen where he works. You'd be surprised what all goes on there. I must confess, I often get tired of hearing about his work. I mean... I'm enthusiastic about it most of the time, but some days he can think of nothing else to talk about and it gets old. THIS is where I have to work on my honoring. I MUST refrain from tuning him out in these circumstances. I will aspire to listen intently and show interest in his work. I will make a conscious effort to tell him each day... "I love that you love your job." And this couldn't be more true!!!!

I shall continue to pray for him daily and learn new ways to honor him as the Lord lays them on my heart.

5 comments:

Denise said...

May blessings be upon your marriage.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Thank you for sharing about your sweet marriage and goals. May the Lord bless you this week and always. I am glad I stopped by your blog.

In his endless love,
Angel ():)

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Ohhhh, good goals! I pray that your husband will take notice of your efforts and show his appreciation! Blessings to you this week!

Alida Sharp said...

What a blessing to have a husband who loves his job!!!

May God be with you this coming week as you work on your goals!

Peace, Alida

Christine said...

That's such a good goal! My hubby enjoys recapping his day too. I always know I've slacked off in my duties when he has to ask, "Do you want to hear about my day?"

Hope you have another great week!