Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Is It Friday Yet?

Was off sick yesterday and today. I've taken a bunch of antibiotics and think maybe I turned the corner... but the good doctor says I also have pink eye. (Thank you Dear Isaac) So I stripped the beds and took all the towels to the basement. I'm washing everything with bleach! I have wiped everything down that I can physically see ourselves touching and insist that we wash our hands repeatedly. THIS is how to rid ourselves of such a plight.

To make matters just a tad bit worse... it's not our shower leaking. It's the TOILET!!! Oh horrors! As best we can tell it is clean water that leaks. It's only when the re-fill is running that it drips. Needless to say, there is a finger-sized hole in the living room ceiling (thank you Handy Hubby) and we won't be using that particular toilet for a time now. Not sure how to fix it and/or if we can afford it. SO... we will use the one downstairs. UGH!

I feel much better today, although my eye is still goopy and the sore throat still lingers. I'm forcing the rest of the OJ down and drinking plenty of water and tea. I was able to do a little bit of work from home today. Mostly just data entry, but that which desperately needed done.

I plan to return to work tomorrow. Hopefully I'll feel even better than today. I'd really like to get to running again... and some other activities too, like visiting the farm again. Hmmm... Wonder what the weather will bring?

No comments: