Sunday, March 09, 2008

Ultimate Blog Party


In the spirit of mingling among other bloggers at this party... I must take the opportunity to introduce myself.

I am JennyV. My blog is an eclectic collection of my life... with basically no rhyme or reason... most of the time. I don't blog for money or fame. I just like to ramble on for anyone who might listen. Maybe someday I'll find a more elaborate purpose in blogging, but for now... it is what it is.

Some random things about me:



  1. I reside in Western Pennsylvania.

  2. My Handy-hubby is a Coffee Master for Starbucks... we drink LOTS of coffee in our home!

  3. We both work full-time and are putting great efforts into becoming essentially debt-free

  4. I have a pony, but she lives in Kentucky right now

  5. We have two cats

  6. Some days I think maybe I'll start an aquarium... nah... the cats would play with it!

  7. Sometimes I work from home - sometimes I don't

  8. My hubby says I'm a better baker than a cook

  9. I haven't had my hair cut for over a year! WOW!!!

  10. I used to ride horses almost daily... now I just dream about it.
In the next 5 years I'd like to:



  1. Pay off our debts

  2. Purchase a modest home

  3. Adopt a child

  4. Have at least 2 horses

  5. Be a blessing to others

Participants in the Ultimate Blog Party have chances to win awesome prizes! I'd like to have a new blog design... Prize numbers 24, 67, 71, 124 or ANY professional help with my blog design!!!

6 comments:

Nadine said...

Welcome to the party. I love Starbucks so I think your husband job rocks. The pictures on your sidebar are nice...pretty bride.

Have fun going to the parties. Please stop by.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Thought I'd work my way up from the bottom of the party list.

Have a great party.

Feel free to pop by and visit for a while.

Anonymous said...

I am in awe over the photo of Penny. She is absolutely be u ti ful!!

Brenda said...

Ooo Hoo! I love Starbucks! Lucky, lucky! Nice to meet you. Thanks for the invite to you blog party! Have a great day!

cltgrace said...

Welcome to the blog party! Now that you're here, let's get this party started! There are so many blogs to visit & friends to meet. What a pleasure!

Peek in on us at GraceFULL Days & say hi before you go! Skip over the Vicks Caring Tributes & vote for my Gracie Cakes story as one of their finalists~ Thanks in advance. http://videos.vickscaringtributes.com/videos/index.html

When looking at your 5 year plan, I thought of Mark Batterson's book "In a Pit with Lion on a Snowy Day" & his manifesto. I'd encourage you to check it out. It's a worthy read. Here's a link to Mark's blog: http://www.evotional.com/

Here's the manifesto that is incredibly inspiring:
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death. Set God-sized goals. Pursue God-ordained passions. Go after a dream that is destined to fail without divine intervention. Keep asking questions. Keep making mistakes. Keep seeking God. Stop pointing out problems and become part of the solution. Stop repeating the past and start creating the future. Stop playing it safe and start taking risks. Expand your horizons. Accumulate experiences. Consider the lilies. Enjoy the journey. Find every excuse you can to celebrate everything you can. Live like today is the first day and last day of your life. Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshipping what's right with God. Burn sinful bridges. Blaze a new trail. Criticize by creating. Worry less about what people think and more about what God thinks. Don't try to be who you're not. Be yourself. Laugh at yourself. Quit holding out. Quit holding back. Quit running away. Chase the lion!

Well, that was the longest comment I've EVER left for anyone. Hope there's something in there you can hold onto~

GraceFULL blessing to you & yours~

Carmen

http://gracefulldays.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I too am from western PA.

Still hopping from blog to blog... my goal is to post at each blog at least once. Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!