We did BASIC shopping yesterday, meaning primarily essentials. Most of what we got were not big sale items, but mostly necessary… including fresh vegetables. We also made some store brand choices, because K gets a 10% discount on those. So what’s in store for our meals this week???
- Asian Pork with Jasmine rice wrapped in Romaine lettuce. (already in the crock pot) Missing the kim-chee and spicy sauce, but can do without those. (maybe another day) We miss Asian meals!
- Ham Steak with garlic asparagus and buttered red-potatoes
- Salad with fajita chicken, cheese, and a few seasoned fries (this will be Sunday’s lunch)
- Crockpot Roasted Chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans.
- Grilled cheese on whole wheat bread with tomato soup.
- Breakfast night… either eggs & bacon or pecan pancakes… whichever he pleases!
SNACKS… Why haven’t I been planning snacks? He always asks for them and I admit, I usually have 2 snacks every day. So here’s some ideas for this week:
- pudding (already made especially for my hubby)
- apple or nectarine
- peanut butter crackers
- frozen berries w/ milk
- popsicles & frozen gogurt
- carrot sticks
Sundays Splurge… I only eat ice cream on Sunday!
One scoop of chocolate ice cream, peanut butter drizzle, squirt of whipped cream, and a sprinkle of crushed Reeses peanut butter cups…. Mmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!