Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday’s C.O.W. (Coupon Of Wisdom)

All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God… (Romans)

 

Did you ever stop to think about what it means to fall short of the glory of God?  I was reading Romans last week and found myself contemplating this very question for days now.  Remembering back to the days of my youth when I learned the basic Catechism…  What is our purpose?  To glorify God and enjoy him forever.  We are given innumerable opportunities to glorify God every second of our lives.  All that we think, say, and do is an opportunity.  Falling short is inevitable! 

 

Obviously there is no cure for this ill, but we MUST strive to improve.  So in response, my daily morning prayer is that the Holy Spirit will author my thoughts so that the words I speak and action I take will be a sweet reflection of the presence of Christ in my life.  I’m a work in progress. 

 

COW_LOGO

Have you clipped a coupon of wisdom from your studies lately?  Feel free to share.  

No comments: