Sunday, April 17, 2011

2011 Horseback Riding Season

Penny will be SEVENTEEN this year!  WOW!

IMG00275-20110415-1752

It’s finally underway… the riding season for 2011.  I have grand plans to put many a mile on my pony this year.  By mid or late May she should be needing some shoes to protect her toes.  I shall not get them unless I’m riding enough to need them.

IMG00311-20110417-1559

Thursday, April 14, 2011 was the first ride.  It was like riding a pogo stick for an hour and a half.  She bounced the jig pretty much the entire time.  Well, I guess that is to be expected for my first ride of the year.  She’ll eventually come around.  I was satisfied to just make it out and back safe and sound. 

penny11

The second ride was Friday, April 15, 2011 and Keith joined us riding Sir.  It was windy.  What was I thinking?  Actually, we stayed in the woods as much as we could and it wasn’t that bad.  She did have a couple of ‘moments’ but we stuck it out.  She even played in the creek.  Another spin on the books.  Just getting started.  I do think that I’m going to try a different bit for a while and see if that helps any.  We shall see.  Here’s to many fun rides in 2011. 

No comments: