Friday, July 01, 2011

Vacation Day #2 Waterpark

On Monday we packed up and headed out to Kalahari, in Sandusky, OH.  Oh WOW!  This place is overwhelming.  It’s enormous!  They have water rides, slides, rafting, wave pool, surf-pool, lazy river, regular pool, hot-tub, zip lines, mini-zoo, restaurants, bars, candy shop, boutiques, arcade, etc.  Our room (with a balcony) included waterpark access for Monday and Tuesday as well as a bottle of champagne and a box of chocolate covered cherries.  YUM!!!  It also included a buffet breakfast at one of the restaurants.  We were permitted to order room service, but chose the buffet. 

 

Unnamed

 

The slides were my favorite, the ones with the big rafts where Keith could ride along with me.  The Zom’s have a really cool camera that works under water, so they have some really fun pictures. The wave pool is what I thought I might like the best, but alas, I injured myself in the wave pool.  That stupid wave flipped me right over in less than 2 foot of water and I landed on my head.  I have an abrasion and a lump.  Ouchy!!!  Keith insisted on getting me an ice pack at the first aid station.  It was a good idea.  Thanks for taking care of me Keith.         

 

It was a really fun time!

No comments: